This workshop aims to help you get to know your sewing machine. It introduces the fundamental parts of your machine and its standard settings plus tips on basic maintenance and needle types.
You will learn and practice stitch length and width, sewing a hem, finishing raw edges, gathering, darts and button holes.
This workshop aims to
· Introduce parts of your machine
· Show how to thread the machine and bobbin
· Sew straight stitch and zig zag stitch/Look at thread tension and problems
· Look at machine accessories, ie feet, needles, cleaning equipment and oil
What you will need
- A sewing machine – We have a limited number of machines you can borrow if you do not have your own.
- Your machine’s instruction booklet, where available.